Insurance cover

Individual members

Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
  • Whether you are an individual member, a member of a club that is a member of the federation or a trainee member training in an approved sailing school, you are protected by insurance coverage in the event of an accident while practicing your activities. sailing.
  • Whether during a competition, during training or even during a recreational outing, this coverage will be valid and protects you in the event of injury, mutilation or death. It is automatic for all members whose clubs and schools have sent us the information. This benefit is included with membership and does not involve any additional costs either for the individual who benefits from it, or for the organization through which he or she is a member of the federation.
  • Click to view:
Insurance in individual civil liability 

Generally, this coverage is included in your home insurance. However, it may include exclusions. Check with your broker. 

Insurance for your sailboat

It's up to you to decide if you want to insure your boat in the event of loss, theft or damage. There are several boater coverage programs on the market. You can check on the Sail Canada website if a program is available. 

Institutional members

Summary of coverage

There are several types of coverage to consider if you are an organization offering services.

For an overview of the insurance policies to consider if you represent a sailing club or school: Insurance coverage summary . In order to make informed choices and protect yourself adequately, also consult a broker 

Insurance for directors and officers of NPOs
  • Club, school or camp members who are NPOs affiliated with the FVQ (local authorities) can benefit from free insurance for managers and administrators. Please note that it is important not to hold more than one policy covering directors and officers.
  • Click here to view the policy details
  • Contact us for more details or to register.
Commercial liability insurance

As an organization affiliated with the FVQ offering club, camp or approved school activities, you must have civil liability coverage appropriate to your activities and submit your insurance certificate to us.

  • Contact an insurance broker to determine your needs.
  • You can contact us if you are looking for a broker.
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Scroll to Top